Saturday, May 5, 2012

Table Decor for Thought

Although I promised pictures of the 50th surprise birthday i arranged unfortunately i haven't received a copy yet. I the mean time I would love to share with you my latest table decor setting.  You have seen christmas and of course thanks giving and you saw how I transformed items from event into purposes for another. For easter I did the same once again. Instead of filling my large jar with pine cones I filled it with kinder surprise eggs! This is a great for every easter, everyone loves to open these eggs young or old! And they are very cheap at costco, although we can't get to carried away with big box store shopping! Rachel Ray did a great piece on her show with a few rules to follow, you can find her tips here! Anyways  some DIY ideas I came up with this time around is reusing old plastic eggs that were used for easter egg hunts when kids were smaller!





Image Via : Moi!

As you can see I repurposed them by adding some colour to the vase, the colour is now at the bottom and the top were the tulips are creating visual flow between. The stems of the tulips also make us look downward as many flowers stems do, most of the time there is nothing to look at but now there is visual interest. This is an easy DIY centrepiece that takes very little work but adds that extra touch!

I also added a kids touch but creating a candy / dessert table. I bought tiny jars to hold the candy at the dollar store! These jars are the cutest things ever and can be repurposed for many other things as well. Jars and vases always come in handy! ( I actually repurposed one of the jars at a design show to hold my business cards while the other jar held candy, I tried to be clever!)



Image Via: moi!

Another great idea I had was a cute easter wreath on my door! Although the one I have is store bought I can easily make another for next year! I can even make tiny ones as well! All you need is paint, Styrofoam eggs, a nest from the store, and a few strands of fake flowers or real depending on how often you would like to replenish the wreath. If you start with the nest you can weave in the strands of fake flowers or real, you then can paint the eggs in funky designs or simple, whatever you feel best suits you and your home! You then simply attach the painted eggs onto the nest itself but poking a branch into the egg! You can also make miniature size wreaths and place chocolates in the centre as table decor thank you's for each guest! If you go the miniature route I suggest no styrofoam eggs as real chocolate ones will be present and there is o need to get confused!


Image Via: Moi!


Image Via

This picture is similar to what I had in mind, maybe a few small scale flowers can be added to the nest but none the less a gorgeous job!

Finally I used a cream coloured table cloth with a damask pattern. As we can't expect to buy new table cloths for every occasion and every theme we choose I tried to stick with a neutral colour that will best suit future colour schemes. I also chose a cream and grey printed patterned napkin. Although it cam in turquoise I felt the bright centrepiece and dessert table said enough already! I love to mix neutral tones and layer lots of pattern to crete visual interest not only within an interior but on a table top as well!






Images Via: Moi!

I also played with mixing the shine of the glass, silvers, and golds to create a mix of materials as well as textures! Now that I have shown you my easter here are a few great easter ideas I found elsewhere!




Image Via: More Design Please


Image Via

Both pictures are fabulous and great ideas! Although my pictures are nothing to compare, that is why I have decided that this is my new venture. I want to create more variation of great table decor, etc.. within my portfolio and that is what I am going to be doing! So hopefully you guys will see something great soon!

Talk to You Soon,

Liberty



No comments:

Post a Comment