Friday, June 24, 2011

More Delicious Recipes

I know I know its a design blog but I am persistent that food is an art, many would agree with me! Between being a design assitant, working on my guest blog, and cleaning my house(that is a huge chore!) I always manage to cook or bake something! Mind you I make dinner quite frequently, I suppose my mom is quite happy with me all the time then! Anyways....

Recipe #1 - Stuffed Zuchini

Image Via Moi

This recipe only consists of a few things, first preheat oven to 350 or about 220, then put a bit of oil in the bottom of a pan. Now you can begin to assemble your stuffes zuchinis. First cut the zuchini in half length wise, holllow it out so only dark green skin is left and a bit of the middle, do this to all pieces. Combine the leftover insides-chopped up with a can of tomato pieces adn some crumbled feta cheese add fresh parsley, oregano, sea salt, and pepper. Olivres can be added but dice inyo small pieces. mix it all together and fill hollowed out zuchinis. You should use 3 to 4 zuchinis, add other ingredients as you would like-more cheese for more cheeseyness-if thats a word! This is the result before baked, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes approzimatley or until zuchini is fork tender! Then enjoy your deliciously fresh side dish!(Thia recipe was inspired by house and Homes recipe but it is tweaked for my liking)Enjoy!

Recipe#2 - Fresh baked from scratch Cinnamon Rolls

This recipe comes from my friends at food network!


Image Via Moi

This recipe is in standard format and take 3 hours to make! The recipe below makes approx 12 I doubled it and made 31 approx - I ate one and some were sampled before the count!

Ingredients
Dough
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 5 cups flour
  • 1 package instant yeast
  • 4 eggs
Filling
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Glaze
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 4 tablespoons cream
  • 1 cup powdered sugar

Directions
Filling
  1. Mix all ingredients together.
Glaze
  1. Stir together the glaze ingredients and drizzle all over the cinnamon rolls after they have cooled.
Assembly
  1. In a small pot gently warm the milk along with 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, the vanilla and the salt. Don’t bring to a simmer, warm just enough to melt the butter. Meanwhile measure half the flour into the bowl of a stand mixer along with the yeast. Add the warm melted milk butter mixture to the flour, beat with a paddle attachment until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until smooth before proceeding. Switch to a dough hook and add the remaining flour. Knead until a soft dough forms that is no longer sticky to the touch, about five minutes. Rest the dough in a warm place, covered in a lightly oiled bowl until it doubles in size, about one to two hours.
  2. Knock the dough down and let rest for a few minutes. Meanwhile thoroughly mix together the room temperature butter with 1 cup of brown sugar and the cinnamon. Flour your work surface, the dough, your hands and a rolling pin. Roll out the dough into a long rectangle shape, about 18x12-inches. Evenly spread the cinnamon butter over the top of the dough leaving an inch or two uncovered along one long edge. This will help a seal form. Roll tightly into a long cigar shape from the covered long edge to the uncovered long edge. Brush the outside of the log with oil or melted butter.
  3. Slice the dough log into 12 or 16 sections. Turn each on its side and position evenly in an appropriately sized lightly oiled baking pan. Rest, uncovered, until the dough doubles in size again and the rolls swell into each other.
  4. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 350 F. When the dough is ready, bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
  5. When the cinnamon rolls have cooled enough to handle stir together the glaze ingredients and drizzle all over them. Serve immediately!
 This was my result!
Image Vis Moi
They were delicious, I made them yesterday! Now when doubling the recipe the only cautions I have is that the icing has a bit to much vanilla! Also when baking I baked for approx 25mins so keep an eye out and be ready to turn them constantly as I did! Also the filling came out a bit and melted onto the tray, I scooped it back on though! Still very yummy!!Enjoy!
Please send me your recipes so I can try them out and post here! send @ libertyvisco@hotmail.com or chicinnovativedesign@gmail.com I would love to hear your feedback about how these yummy treats turned out!
Bye for Now,
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment